Chefs for Equality, an evening filled with food, cocktails, fashion and music, will help raise awareness amongst voters and funds for marriage equality in Maryland. The event is hosted by the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization, and will take place on Wednesday October 24, 2012 at the Ritz-Carlton, Washington D.C.
Special guests include: Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Tim Gunn from Project Runway, David Hagedorn from Washington Post, and Christopher Vazquez and Rick Davis of Amaryllis Floral.
Attendees can look forward to tasting plates from 25 participating D.C. restaurants, crafted beverages from mixologists, music from DJ Shea Van Horn and a live auction of wedding fashions from Michael Andrews Bespoke and Carine’s Bridal Atelier.
For guests who are looking for a more intimate dining experience, there are nine Personal Chef tables up for auction. At these tables for eight, award-winning chefs will work in pairs to cook five-course menus. Each table will have a wine pairing.
- Spike Gjerde (Woodberry Kitchen) and Erik Bruner-Yang (Toki Underground)
- Cathal Armstrong (Restaurant Eve) and RJ Cooper (Rogue24)
- Michel Richard (Central) and Bryan Voltaggio (Volt)
- Vikram Sunderam (Rasika) and Nicholas Stefanelli (Bibiana)
- Ris Lacoste (Ris) and Jamie Leeds (Hank’s Oyster Bar)
- Enzo Fargione (Elisir) and Peter Smith (PS7s)
- Victor Albisu (Taco Bamba) and Amy Brandwein (Chef AmyB)
- Nora Pouillon and Todd Woods (Restaurant Nora) with Haidar Karoum (Estadio/Proof)
- Cedric Maupillier (Mintwood Place) and Devin Bozkaya (Westend Bistro)
Following the main event will be an after-party held at Graffiato Restaurant.
100% of each ticket goes to support marriage equality in Maryland.
For more information and to purchase tickets to both events, please visit chefsforequality.org